Monday, January 14, 2013

My Ecological Footprint




I always thought I lived a pretty efficient lifestyle but I was shocked by how many Planet Earths I use living the way I have been living. The "Services" category is nearly half of my footprint, with "Food" and "Goods" following close behind. I brainstormed some simple tasks I can do daily to reduce my footprint and actions I can take to change my lifestyle to become more "green". 

  • First, I want to reduce the amount of energy I use by turning down the heat at night during the winter and making sure I unplug my electronic devices when they are not in use. 
  • I also want to reduce the amount of water I use. I find myself forgetting that water is a finite resource and that I often take it for granted. 
  • Another goal I have is to limit the number of times I dine out and substitute packaged food with more organic produce. 

1 comment:

  1. Kelsey -- I like your blog design! Your goals seem reasonable, but you need to quantify them and re-post. How much are you going to turn the heat down each night? Do you plan to get a power strip and turn off all electronics at night and when you are not there? How many times a week will you allow yourself to eat out? How many meals/week will you eat organic produce? In terms of water use reduction -- what are your specific goals here? 50/50 points

    ReplyDelete